Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Despite not the day of small beginnings...

In my current line of work, I encounter a lot of people who appear ungrateful and act as if they are entitled to a certain life. These interactions have caused me to reflect on my own life and how I perceive things. The following is what I believe:

It is important to have thanks for the things one has. I believe a life and an attitude of thanksgiving enables us to receive more things to be thankful for. I often believe and hope for a better life for myself and those I love. But I do not expect these blessings to come without humility and showing myself thankful for what I already have. How do I show thanks? I show thanks in obvious ways, like saying "thank you" to God or whomever has given me my blessing. I also say it with my response and by showing joy and delight in my blessing. But most importantly, I show thanks by being a good steward of what I have already been given. Take of care of what you are presently able to take care of and be thankful for. For this is what enables us to receive additional blessings. These are not my own words. Reference Zechariah 4:10 and Matthew 25 15:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment